Frequently Asked Questions
Here you can find some of the most frequently asked questions about the way the Board of Education works and the best way for the community and the Board of Education to work together. As Board members, we are entrusted by the community to set the course for the school district and to make informed decisions in the best interest of our district; in short, it is our duty to ensure the district is well run. We hope that the information below will help residents better understand the role of the Board and our responsibilities.
For more information on how Boards work, please visit the NJ School Board Association’s Frequently Asked Questions page.
- What is the responsibility of the Randolph Board of Education?
- How often are Board meetings held and where?
- Can members of the community attend/speak at Board meetings?
- Can I discuss concerns regarding the district or my child’s educational experience directly with the Board of Education?
- What do Board committees focus on?
- When is it appropriate to bring an issue to a committee chair?
- What happens in a Board Executive Session?