Leadership Team & Parent Organizations
Parents of Exceptional Children (PEC)
PEC is a collaboration between parents and the Special Services Department.
• Provide support and advocacy for families with children who have special needs.
• Develop more effective communication between parents and special services personnel in school buildings.
• Provide programs and information for parents and professionals on current topics in special education.
• Improve the educational, recreational, vocational and social programs for children.
• Stay informed of federal, state and local legislation that may affect the education of exceptional children.
Membership is open to all parents, teachers, professionals and community members who are interested in the lives and education of children with special needs.
If you are interested in being added to the PEC email distribution list, please contact Dorene Roche (Email).
Special Services Parent Advisory Group
PAG is a district advisory group that provides input to the Special Services department on issues concerning students with disabilities. Members serve a two-year term and the committee has representatives from all six school buildings.
The Director of Special Services sets the agenda and meeting dates for the group. The Director selects the members of the committee based upon community interest as well as recommendations from the district's Child Study Team.