Randolph Township Schools
School Counseling Department
In the Randolph Township Schools, we have thirteen school counselors. Each is a highly trained student advocate dedicated to the academic, social and emotional growth of all students. In each building and at all levels, the school counselors work closely as a member of the academic team. Each has the unique ability to effect student growth and excellence through:
- assisting in developing an academic self-concept.
- enhancing feelings of competence and confidence as learners.
- teaching and reinforcing academic and personal motivation.
- enriching communication skills and character values.
- developing partnerships with families, students and staff.
- demonstrating active and consistent support of every student.
As our students’ challenges and expectations change, the school counseling program evolves in an effort to provide ongoing support and help our students achieve their fullest potential.
Our program begins in our elementary schools where the counselors promote an environment of personal inquiry and growth, social responsibility, and academic success. The elementary counselors partner with school administrators, teachers and parents/guardians to promote healthy student development in a safe and nurturing learning environment. Counseling lessons are designed to allow all students to explore their interests, embrace their individuality, and enhance their knowledge of themselves.
In our middle school, our school counseling program supports high achievement while, at the same time, decreasing the barriers to learning. In collaboration with other educators, families, and community members, our comprehensive counseling program provides both proactive and responsive services that help students overcome challenges that interfere with learning and ultimately reach their potential. In middle school, the school counselors begin to concentrate on academic excellence and rigor, post high school exploration and the pursuit of students' individual goals.
At Randolph High School, the school counselors strive to cultivate academic and personal/social connections essential for post high school success. High school counselors maintain high standards for student achievement that are consistent with each student’s individual abilities and personal goals. Counselors make connections that support and encourage students throughout the many facets of instruction at RHS.
At all levels, our school counselors embrace the relationships they develop with their students and families. Our school counselors understand that knowing students well is essential in helping them achieve academically. Each interaction starts with an understanding that the counseling relationship requires an atmosphere of trust and confidence between student and counselor. Counselors serve in a unique capacity as advocates for students, partners for teachers and liaisons for parent/guardians.
All school counselors within the Randolph Townships Schools believe that:
- A child’s uniqueness is to be appreciated and respected.
- All students can be successful in our school community and beyond.
- Fostering a positive self-image is a collaborative effort of the school, home, and community.
- The diverse needs of all students can be addressed through the school counseling program.
- All students can achieve in our educational program.
- A comprehensive school counseling program is an integral part of the education program.
- A developmentally appropriate school counseling program provides important benefits to individual students by addressing their intellectual, emotional, social, physical, and psychological needs.
Charles G. Dimiceli
Director of School Counseling