Center Grove Elementary School
School Counseling Page
I am Miss Megan Ingman, the School Counselor at Center Grove and Ironia Elementary Schools.
I work closely with students, staff members and families.
I have a rotating schedule where I counsel in each building on alternating days.
My mission as a School Counselor is to...
- get to know each & every student by becoming a familiar face;
- help students understand who I am, what I do, where my office is and when they can/should visit me;
- show students how I can help them;
- create a counseling space where students feel welcome;
- and assist students in learning and practicing the lifelong skills to overcome challenges and/or barriers in their academic, social, emotional and career development.
My mission will be accomplished through...
- becoming a presence within the school;
- creating a comfortable and safe environment within my office;
- participating actively in all school events;
- establishing rapport with students & staff;
- providing appropriate school counseling services;
- collaborating with students, staff members, families and the community.
Individual counseling sessions focus on problem solving, using a solution-focused method. Students may stop in my counseling office at any time. If I am unavailable, students can leave me a note in my mailbox located on the outside of my office door.
During a Lunch Bunch, 5-6 students join me for lunch. Students are able to lead the discussion or, at times, there is a specific topic chosen prior. Counselor led activities promote conversation. Lunch Bunches are a great way for me to meet students and for students to get to know one another.
I visit classrooms on a scheduled date and time to present relevant topics. Lessons allow me to collaborate with teachers, while promoting and teaching lifelong skills to a large group of students.
A group of students that work together in promoting a positive school climate through developing and facilitating school-wide activities and events.