What is Intervention and Referral Services (I&RS)?
I&RS is a state mandated system of clearly defined steps that are taken to assist a struggling student in improving educational outcomes. These steps are taken by a multi-disciplinary team, which meets, regularly, to monitor the success of students identified through the referral process, as needing specific academic and/or behavior “interventions” in order to be successful. These interventions are monitored over a period of time and may be modified, enhanced or discontinued as indicated by the needs of the student involved. The I&RS team aids students in the general education program, but also provides support for students determined to be in need of special education programs.
- Mr. Olsen- Interim-Principal
- Ms. Hackney- Vice Principal
- Mr. Dimiceli- Director of School Counseling
- Mrs. Finocchiaro- School counselor/ I&RS & 504 Coordinator
- Mrs. Landers- School counselor