- Wash hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds
- Avoid touching eyes, mouth, nose or any mucous membrane with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Use good respiratory hygiene - cough and sneeze into a tissue or elbow
- Properly dispose of used tissues
- Stay home when sick and call your healthcare provider
The district has always and will continue to follow state and federal health regulations in accordance with infection control best practices. While coronavirus is a concern that the district takes seriously, the district has been combating the disease through its efforts to minimize other infectious diseases such as influenza. These more common respiratory illnesses are currently a much higher risk to both students and staff.
In terms of prevention, practicing good hygiene is the only way to truly avoid illness. Proper handwashing is shared with students frequently and reminders are sent to students and staff as needed and in accordance with the health needs of each building. Important hygiene information is also posted throughout buildings in various places including restrooms.